Pridgen Brothers Contractors was established in July 1953 by W.J. Pridgen and younger Brother S.E. Pridgen as a General Contracting firm. Both brothers had worked with and for their Dad in construction for five years prior to establishing their partnership. They became well known through out Columbus, Bladen, Brunswick, Cumberland and Robeson Counties as Premier Home Builders for their craftsmanship, honesty and integrity. Jerry Pridgen, son of W.J. Pridgen joined the firm in 1962 after completing a year at Wilmington College now known as UNCW. Pridgen Brothers purchased a local Heating and Air Conditioning company in 1964 for the sole purpose of installing HVAC in projects they were involved with. W.J. and Jerry purchased S.E. Pridgen’s portion of the business from his estate in 1975 following a fatal auto accident that took his life. They continued the construction business and broadened their involvement in the HVAC industry until 1982 when W.J. retired and Jerry purchased his portion from the family.